.:soft reminder:.

"And if My servants ask thee about Me - behold, I am NEAR; I respond to the call of him who calls, whenever he calls unto Me; let them, then, respond unto Me, and believe in Me, so they might follow the right way" (2:186)

Monday, August 23, 2010

Ipoh Omnibus




Me: Aunty, kalau nak balik, saya tunggu di mana?

Aunty: Lu tunggu kat sebelah sana. Bukan sini

(sambil menunjuk ke satu arah yang hanya kami berdua tahu di mana)

(noted, aunty ini seorang yang berbangsa Tionghua, makanya, beliau bukan berkata kesat dalam bulan Ramadhan apatah lagi seseorang dari seberang yang menggunakan kata ganti diri ‘Gue-Lo’)

Me: Oh, sebelah sana? Dekat dengan flat ke?

Aunty: Angguk kepala

(saya kira mahu jimat jus amylase beliau daripada dirembeskan untuk saya)

Me: Ohh.. okay. Thank you, aunty.

(sambung duduk mendengar mp3 sambil buka nota untuk cover line sebab tanya soalan yang tak patut orang Ipoh tanya)


Heee :b


If I can say, because of ‘something I hold inside’, I’m doing all sorts of crazy dumb thing. Never in my life, I’ll be riding the old Red Omnibus of Pekan Ipoh to do something for the sake of that ‘something I hold inside’. In fact, I’ve never thought of sitting on the bench of an aged bus stand, all alone in front of somebody else’s house, under the hot shining sun for that ‘something I hold inside’. I keep on cursing inside, and yet, I’m doing it. Again. And again. And I hope I’ll stay on this road not taken (then) for the rest of my life… may He grant my wish, ameen.


But, believe you, me… we’ll fight for what we believe. And I believe in that ‘something I hold inside’, thus in any way I’ll be doing it over and over again, by God’s will.


Once, a good friend asked:


“How sure you are that the very ‘something you hold inside’ is the thing?”


Eureka! Saya mahu berkata begitu sambil memetik dua jari pada tangan kanan saya dengan senyuman yang paling ceriang (ceria + riang = ceriang), tapi gagal. Nyata, saya tidak punya jawapan paling tepat untuk itu. Diam lima saat. Ini soalan cepu-cemas! Apa harus saya katakana pada dia yang memandang penuh harap itu?


“I’m not pretty sure, but it just occurred. There’ll be one point in life when there’s nothing could satisfy you… not your achievement neither your wealth but ‘that something’.”


Itu je? Hahaaa… saya tahu, kamu tak puas hati and I bet, the same went to my buddy, back then when I was in Shah Alam, pursuing my undergraduate thingy :b


But there is only one verse (erm, could be more but enough one at a time) which I hope can suffice our curiosity.


“say thou: “This is my way: I do invite unto God, - on evidence clear as the seeing with one’s eyes, - I and whoever follows me…” (12:108)


--------------------> just believe… He said so. His prophet did so. Then, why wouldn’t us follow what has been taught to us?



p/s 1: Noted, aunty dalam conversation di atas ialah seorang kondukter bas. Hey, kat Ipoh masih guna kondukter bas?! Apakah?


p/s 2: Oh, bas yang saya naiki, much better than posted kat atas tu. atas tu gambar hiasan saja... dulu, ya hahaa...


p/s 3: ‘somehing I hold inside’ itu adalah apa ynag saya lakukan sekarang. Mahu turut serta? Saya alu-alukan kamu :)



No comments:

Post a Comment